If you're buying a property with somebody then you need to think very carefully about how you want to own it. For example, do you want to own it on a 50/50 basis irrespective of everything else (this is often called in legal jargon 'joint ownership'). Or do you want some other proportion (common ownership). What do you want to happen if one of you dies whilst the other is still living there? Do you want them to get your share automatically or do you want to be able to leave your share to whoever you like in your will? What do you want to happen when the property is sold? Who should get what? Who should get the contents? Who should have to pay the bills? All these are issues upon which we can give you expert advice.
- Contact Us
- Baildon - 01274 597600 29 Westgate, Baildon, BD17 5EH
- Farsley - 0113 236 2333 52 Town Street Farsley (by the pedestrian crossing and opposite the post office), Leeds LS28 5LD
- Horsforth - 0113 258 6888 New Road Side (next to the Vets), Horsforth, Leeds LS18 4QE
- Ilkley - 01943 602998 20 The Grove, Ilkley, LS29 9EG
- Whitkirk - 0113 264 3444 7-9 Austhorpe View, Whitkirk Ring Road (next to Skyliner fish bar, see us from main Ring Road/A63 Selby Road roundabout), Leeds LS15 8NN
- Wibsey - 01274 693600 2-4 Fair Road (opposite the co-op), Wibsey, Bradford BD6 1QN